Your General Executive Committee members:
Chairman: Eleonora Lozano
Treasurer: Sarah Vorster
NPEF Rep: Natalie Benjamin
Public Relations & Marketing Officer: Samantha Rosie
Your Provincial Branches:
Gauteng: Jessica Joffe / Margaret Marshall
Kwa-Zulu Natal: Tracey White
Eastern Cape: Liesel Els / Nicky Roote
Western Cape: Kate Cason / Kerry-Ann Phillips
Aim of the Paediatrics SIG:
The Paediatrics SIG aims to provide an interactive platform for the promotion and enhancement of paediatric physiotherapy in various fields of practice (neurodevelopmental, respiratory & orthopaedics) at a provincial and national level within the SASP and in the public domain. Our focus is to grow and protect our field of interest within the profession as well as support and raise awareness on paediatric specific topics and causes in the community. Furthermore we strive to assist our members with evidence-based practice guidelines, position papers, educational materials and paediatric specific continued professional development (CPD) activities.
What are the advantages of the Paediatrics SIG membership?
• Having active representation on various SASP and International committees to affect change, promote inclusion and growth of paediatric physiotherapy within the profession
• Access to an active social network platform for discussions, support, information sharing etc.
• Reduced/discounted course fees for all CPD talks/courses hosted by Paediatrics SIG GEC and our provincial branches.
• Discounted listing fees for Baby Calm's Directory
• Membership of the WCPT interest group, International Organisation for Paediatric Physical Therapists (IOPTP).
• Quarterly newsletters with updates on relevant and important information, from coding and legislation, to upcoming courses and employment opportunities
• Access to various paediatric specific educational materials (pamphlets, handouts and promotional items)
• Free advertisements regarding employment, equipment etc in the newsletter and on the Facebook Page’s Employment File
• Access to the Paediatrics SIG Facebook Group to get the latest news and updates whilst interacting with members ito discussions and sharing ideas and experiences
Paediatrics SIG Educational material available to members:
• Making Exercise Fun Bookmarks (part of Physiotherapy week)
Promoting exercise & movement in a fun and visual way
• Neurodevelopment/Milestones pamphlets from birth to pre-school:
Provides typical milestones and tips/ideas for parents/carers for babies (0-18m), toddlers (2-3y and 3-4y) and pre-school (4-5y and 5-6y)
• Respiratory Physiotherapy for babies and kids
Educate parents/carers on the respiratory system, various conditions and Physiotherapy interventions available
• Understanding Children's Rights
A basic guide for parents and health professionals on the implications of current legislation of the rights of children in the health care and therapeutic setting.
Paediatrics SIG Special Event for 2016:
PhysiFun Programme at Amathemba FAS School - Social responsibility project for 2016
Mamma Magic Baby Expo in Durban, 26-28 August 2016 - exhibitor and expert speaker
Paediatric Neurodevelopmental Conference in Jhb 16 October 2016