The South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP)
The SASP is a voluntary professional membership organisation committed to equal opportunities and inclusivity, and striving to support the demographic profile of South Africa in terms of race and gender.
The SASP is Non-Profit Organisation, and part of our mission is to assist Government with the social and development needs of the country (SARS, 2014).
The SASP is also a Public Benefit Organisation. We therefore strive to use our funds responsibly and solely for their stated objectives, without any personal gain being enjoyed by any person including the founders and the fiduciaries (SARS, 2014).
The Vision of the SASP
The SASP is committed to being a dynamic, professional and innovative organisation, effectively representing its members and playing a pro-active role in the formulation and implementation of health care policy in South Africa.
Click here: SASP Code of Conduct
The South African Society of Physiotherapy affirms that:
- It provides a structure within which the needs of its members are met
- It strives to ensure the quality of Physiotherapy services to all peoples throughout South Africa
- It does not discriminate on grounds of race, colour, creed, national origins, social status or gender in the practice of Physiotherapy or in the administration of its organisation
- It safeguards the welfare of its members and makes representation against any form of discrimination against its members
- It acts as a planning, development and information resource to its members, to other health professions, to health planners at all levels and to the general public
- It supports unequivocally the provision of unitary health service and encourages all progress made in the integration of health care services.